It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:48 am

Post subject: I know its a long shot
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:02 am 

But is there any way to introduce duelspec? i know it wasn't in till wrath but its just a QoL change really not anything changing the content. Or would it be too hard to implement?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:24 am 

Would require client side patch iirc which simply will not happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:59 am 

It's doable, however from what I can remember after speaking to fail about it. There's too many ways it can be exploited. Not exactly sure how and why. However I'd be in favour of a capped respec cost or something similar if that would be at all possible

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:11 am 

I'm definitely keen for an easier way to respec. It seems like there are quite a few keen PVPers on this server, and it's still early days. It won't be viable to switch between PVP and Raiding specs with Arenas being in the game as they are.

Capped respec cost would be an easy fix. Something like 5-10g, enough to be a small pain in the ass without breaking the bank.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:51 am 

make daily quests return some marks (2 for each) that allow free respecs at a custom npc through gossip option or expand trainers like that, maybe?
When I intended to join the server, it was definitely with pvp in the back of my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:47 am 

There is a definite base for pvp. I feel it will start as 2v2 ofcourse. We might even have to organise more set days and times for it. That way we can get hopefully a bit more variety of teams.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:31 am 

I'm all up for capped respect prices!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:01 am 

Grand Marshal

Grand Marshal

I'll just start off by saying if we had duelspec you might as well set the respec cost to 1c as you never have to pay to respec again pretty much, sadly it does require client side patches if you want it done properly and the other way i've seen it done it requires commands and a bunch of other hacky shit, its really not clean.

I've reduced the respec cap to 25g and made it go down by 5g each week instead of 5g each month and 50g cap.
will be applied next restart, this can also be a temporary thing if it gets to the point where no one has anything to spend gold on.

We need a gold sink, repairs and respec's were really the only gold sinks in wow, without them you get the issue of everything costing more as everyone ends up with more gold and this is exponential, i do believe 50g is too much to use every week on one respec then another 50g to respec back so in turn goes to 100g a week just to play as a different spec during the week enough to get a mount. I think 25g is more reasonable and going down 5g per week instead of per month means you will get a discount each week.

We've also increased the amount of gold you get from Daily Dungeon quests when at max level.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 am 

Im all for more gold sinks.

As much as i hated single spec i found the easiest way was just to level another warrior. Back in vanilla i used to rock a prot warrior for raids and a fury warrior for AV madness.

Then again im someone who likes to level. I also trained blacksmithing on both! I think i need therapy.

But wow was a game that was not built with much of a player driven and supplied economy in the way eve online was.

Sinks at 60 are very important, especially as the AH is not that strong. At least on the alliance side.

Ive only been here a few days and already amassed quite a bit. Ill be shoving it on the AH soon to see of i can bulk it out.

Got to get the money moving.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:43 am 

Grand Marshal

Grand Marshal

was meaning to say, your respec cost will reset after your next respec, max of 25g going down 5g each week thereafter.