|Client Setup Guide
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||r4z0r84 [ Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 am ]|
|Post subject:||Client Setup Guide|
Click here to register first!
Note Forum and Game accounts are Separate
Activate your account by following the link in the email.
1. Install from your cd/dvd's and update to patch 2.4.3
If you have lost your cd/dvd's and require a backup copy of wow, you can download it from here open with uTorrent once downloaded extract the .rar file using WinRAR or 7zip.
1.a Alternate downloads: http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/139-243-tbc-client-download-and-install/
2. Navigate to 2.4.3 install directory same place your wow.exe is located.
a. select Realmlist.wtf
b. Right click and select open with
c. select notepad from the list(or any text editing program)
d. Write in the following:
set realmlist www.243vanilla.tk
If you downloaded the client from the above link you will also require the retail wow.exe as feenix use a modified version. you can download the retail one here and replace original.
3. Start up WoW.exe
4. Log in using your Username and password
If you are unable to connect, you may be using a modified wow.exe you can download the retail version here
If you are still unable to connect make sure you have correctly typed the information in realmlist.wtf and have activated your account.
If still unable to connect, try signing up again using a password without special characters or not as long.
|Author:||PathlessGiant [ Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:44 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Connection Guide|
Nice guide mate
|Author:||s1w [ Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Client Setup Guide|
Hi, I just want to:
- Edit TBC 2.4.3 worldmap to remove areas: Netherstorm, Shadowmoon Valley, Azuremyst/Bloodmyst/Quel'Danas Isles, Ghostlands and all above regions (but leaving Zul'Aman with direct Ghostlands style passage)
- Set Draenei and Blood Elf races as hero (that will start from 40'lvl)
- Lower max LVL cap to 60, lower outland zones lvls, makes Outlands possible from 50 lvl - this includes whole stats reimplementation of TBC items, to adapt it to Vanilla top level
- Make Blades Edge Mountain - annual event contested zone area only - like WOTLK Wintergrasp, but once a week/month - a lot of scripting doh
- Remove LFG/LFM mechanism at all, in favor for Vanilla fans, to force social actions to group for instance raids, as it was well working in Vanilla and I am also 100% after it.
- Name it The Burning Vanilla
- Vanilla top lvls looks like radish sellers
- We have to have Nagrand!, some climath from TBC, but not whole pack to keep players focused at base content. All used TBC Zones, will extend the top Vanilla level while not raising the lvl cap. Auction Houses will stay at Azeroth Cities, so it will not depopulate them more than expected.
My ask is:
- support me with clues, about which programs I have to use to extract/work with TBC 2.4.3 version (not CASCExplorer so what?, etc..) to edit map, edit game files (like map graphics), scripting (allready done some influence for many addons in LUA, not affraid in C++ programming neither)
- in next stages I will have intention to create GiThub project to share access for helping me in more detailed things... but now I have to start with basics, so most important question is: will it be all possible at all?
- after all, I see that You also want scale TBC to Vanilla max level! good intention! It will work.. but probably you wont remove TBC zones, to limit the content and level spread...
imho my project would be better, but more controversial, please support me only to alpha tests, and If it goes, I can share any rights to it.
|Author:||r4z0r84 [ Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:11 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Client Setup Guide|
You're more than welcome to create your own server nothings stopping you, outlands is currently from 48-60 and has been for a few months now but it is currently inaccessible to players due to it not being fully complete(dungeons/quest rewards)
as for editing game files that goes against blizzard ToS/ToU and i can't support it in any way.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group